28 packets 1.68 oz each.
- Quick-dissolving powder, no need to add water.
- Contains iron fumarate, copper, vitamin C, Baobab dried fruit flesh (organic certified).
- Gluten-free. With sweetener from natural source: stevia
- Well tolerated. Easily digested.
- Suitable in pregnancy
- Clinically tested.
Promotes iron absorption for the maintenance of normal hemoglobin levels. With Vitamin C added for optimal absorption*
What is OPTIMAL IRON
It is dietary supplement in quick-dissolving powder, no need to add water. It contains iron, copper, vitamin c and baobab fruit. It is indicated as a supplement of iron, to maintain normal hemoglobin levels*.
Differently from other iron supplements, it does not overload the gastrointestinal system, it is easily digested and does not have a metallic taste. The iron used in this supplement is ready for absorption (bio-available). The powder form makes it even more quickly absorbable. Optimal iron is well tolerated and easily digested, with a good taste. Fresh, citrus taste thanks to baobab fruit flesh. Natural sweetener (stevia).
1 box (28 sachets, once daily) is generally enoughto help maintain healthy iron levels*.
- Contains iron for maintaining normal hemoglobin levels, without damaging the intestine*.
- Vitamin C helps iron absorption*. Copper contributes to normal iron transportation inside the body*. Baobab fruit flesh helps increase tolerability, and it helps maintain iron storage in the body*
- . Adequate iron intake is needed during pregnancy, developmental age, and for intense sport
Why using OPTIMAL IRON
*Iron deficiency is the most common deficiency in humans and unbalanced diets or intense sports activity can make it worse. Iron is an essential mineral for the body because it transports oxygen from the blood to tissues via red blood cells, aiding muscular oxygenation and the elimination of toxins.
A specific iron supplement is required in the following cases:
*increased need (in pregnancy, breastfeeding, sports activities);
*intestinal diseases that affect iron absorption (dietary deficiencies, intestinal diseases that affect iron absorption); vegetarian or vegan diets.
*increased loss of blood (physiological, due to heavy periods, or pathological, due to gastritis, gastroduodenal ulcer, gastrointestinal alterations).
In all these situations, taking a suitable amount of iron contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin. However, iron-based supplements often cause side effects to the gastrointestinal tract, such as bloating, nausea, vomiting, heartburn and often an upset intestine (with constipation or diarrhea).
To provide the correct amount of iron, in a more bioavailable, well-tolerated form and maintaining intestinal health, it is useful to combine this mineral with other substances, that aid iron absorption. In particular, vitamin C and copper increase bioavailability, allowing low dosages and maximum tolerance.*
Iron deficiency is the most common mineral deficiency in the human species. It mainly affects women, particularly 20 to 30% of
fertile female population. Iron deficiency risk factors:
- Children and teenagers
- Elderly peolple
- Reduced intake of food rich in iron and Vitamin C
- Abuse of tea and coffee
- Foods with low iron Bioavailability
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Developmental age
- Intense sports activity
- Alcohol abuse
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Arthritic conditions
The Daily Reference Intake (DRI) of iron should be taken in a highly absorbable form for the body (ferrous form, Fe+). Iron DRIcan vary according to age and physiological conditions, ranging from 7 mg/day in early childhood up to 8 mg/day in adult males and 18 mg/day in adult women, until reaching 27 mg/day during pregnancy. (source: http://nationalacademies.org/hmd/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Nutrition/DRI-Tables/6_%20Elements%20Summary.pdf?la=en)
Due the presence of one or more risk factors, as a result of increased loss or increased need, the daily intake and absorption of iron may be insufficient, creating organic deficit conditions which may result in:
- SENSE OF EXHAUSTION
- CHRONIC FATIGUE
- REDUCED CONCENTRATION
- PALE SKIN
- MUSCLE DISORDERS
- APPEARANCE OF SMALL ULCERS IN THE CORNERS
- OF THE MOUTH
- BURNING SENSATION IN THE TONGUE AND ALTERED TASTE
- FRAIL HAIR AND NAILS
OPTIMAL IRON INGREDIENTS:
1 sachet of OPTIMAL IRON contains average 14 mg of iron Fumarate in ionic ferrous form with a bioavailability of 30-35%, the
highest one compared to other sources (bioavailability of 5-20%): 1 sachet of OPTIMAL IRON releases in the blood about 5 mg of
iron available for absorption, thus meeting the average daily needs of the organism.
-VITAMIC C (ASCORBIC ACID)
1 sachet of OPTIMAL IRON provides a well-balanced amount of Vitamin C necessary for iron absorption and utilization. This vitamin is essential for hematopoiesis: it means it promotes the incorporation of iron into hemoglobin and its transport through transferrin*. Research studies confirm that iron absorption increases by 30% when it is combined with Vitamin C.
It is an important cofactor for several enzymes involved in iron metabolism. Its presence is required along with Vitamin C for an optimal iron absorption*.
-BAOBAB dried fruit pulp (organic certification, free from GMO and allergens)
a natural ingredient that aids tolerability of iron in the gastrointestinal tract. It promotes healthy intestinal function*Dehydrated Baobab fruit flesh, thanks to its high vitamin, mineral and trace element content, promotes the body’s natural production of hemoglobin (the protein that transports iron) and ferritin (the protein that stores it)*. Boabab fruit has strong antioxidant properties*.
With the innovative pharmaceutical technology used to produce OPTIMAL IRON, the properties of Baobab are fully preserved. Research studies show that a daily intake of Baobab fruit pulp:
Helps maintain hemoglobin levels*
Controlled study on 300 children aged between 6 and 8 years. (see references)
OPTIMAL IRON promotes the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells formation by providing 100% of the daily Iron needs in highly absorbable form because:
- it is conveyed in an organic complex (iron fumarate)
- it is in orodispersible form, that is immediately bioavailable to the body
- The bioavailability of Iron is further improved by the presence of Copper, Vitamin C and Baobab fruit pulp. These do not only improve iron absorption and its transport in the organism, but at the same time provide elements with antioxidant properties. With its very high bio-availability, which allows using low doses, OPTIMAL IRON does not cause the gastrointestinal side effects observed with other supplements containing Iron.
- OPTIMAL IRON melts directly in the mouth without water and is rapidly absorbed. Its high palatability and tolerability do not induce any side effects in the gastrointestinal system.
- OPTIMAL IRON is an optimal iron supplementation in pregnancy, being fully compatible with specific Daily Reference Intakes
- One sachet of OPTIMAL IRON contains an average of 14 mg of ferrous fumarate in its ionic ferrous state with a bioavailability of 30-35%, which is higher than any other dietary or pharmacological sources (which have a bioavailability of 5-20%).
- One sachet of OPTIMAL IRON releases into the blood about 5 mg of iron, i.e. a single sachet of OPTIMAL IRON satisfies the recommended daily allowance of Iron in both physiological and special situations (dietary deficiency, menstruation, etc...)*
Can be combined with GUT SUPPORT: to support a healthy gut.
Adults and children 7 years of age take 1 packet daily. Pregnant women take two packets daily. Dissolve one packet directly in mouth without water.